How I’m Honoring These Discoveries As I Enter My 39th Year
And just like that, I am 39!
I’ve spent this week celebrating another trip around the sun…. And each year at this time I reflect on the lessons I’ve learned, how I’ve grown, how I’ve changed… and how I haven’t, because— let’s be honest! — many things about me are stubborn and us humans take a few reps past the first try to get things right!
For me, when I hear your stories, not only do I feel closer to you, but I see how alike we are and I gain so much from your experiences. I hope to return that same inspiration you have given me by honoring the truths we share, that are bubbling up inside of you too.
As of today, this is what I know for sure:
- I’m happiest when I’m learning.
- I will never give up butter and crackers.
- I cannot out-busy my emotions.
- Letting love in is the hardest/best thing I will ever do.
- Letting people go is the other hardest/best thing I will ever do.
- I spend too much money on pre-cooked Salmon.
- The smallest things we have in common is all it takes to heal.
- Admitting that fear is still driving some of my decisions is the only thing that allows me to face it.
- I like sunrises better than sunsets.
- Searching for approval will make you invisible.
I invite you to join me in celebrating what makes you YOU today (and every day).
Always in your corner,